Low Cost Delivery From £3.90 ex VAT Secure Online Payments with our quick & easy checkout Live Online Support Operators Available Now 30 Day Peace of Mind with our easy returns policy
Terms & Conditions
We are here to help and can provide you with help and guidance or direct you towards relevant information. If you have any queries relating to the fire safety needs of your home or business, please contact us on 0800 612 4829. Although we will always endeavour to give you the best possible advice, the responsibility for ensuring that you are adhering to fire safety legislation, building regulations, other regulations or best practice remains with you. Please note that any advice given will only apply to UK regulations and standards.
There may be regulations requiring the maintenance of some fire safety products. You are responsible for setting up service and maintenance programmes required for products which you purchased from us. However, to help you with this task, we offer a free reminder service which you can register for after the checkout stage. Just tell us at this point which reminders you wish to receive and at which frequency. The reminders are sent per email. We also offer a free online fire safety logbook to help you keep track of your fire safety activities.
Please note: all mains-powered electrical fire safety equipment must be installed by trained electricians.Fire Safety Advice
Customer Service Policy
We describe products clearly in a condensed format to help you choose products easily. We display, wherever possible, all technical data sheets, manuals and certifications in additional tabs. In addition, we are happy to support you with your technical queries. Our sales staff are trained to advise you and are happy to assist you over the phone, chat or by email. Please send us images or site plans for more complex enquiries. Please note that we cannot carry out site surveys remotely.
The cost of shipping your goods depends on your location and the total weight of the order. Some products might also be offered with the option of an economy service (excluded are extinguishers, high value goods and goods classified as dangerous goods).
Depending on the total weight of your order, there may be a bigger postage & packaging charge if you live in the Highlands, Islands, NI and Remote Locations of the UK. The table below outlines pricing for both "mainland" and "Highlands, Islands and Remote Locations" addresses. If you're unsure, see our list of "Highlands, Islands and Remote Locations" UK postcodes.
Islands and remote locations
Postal codes starting with: BT, GY, HS, IM, IV40, IV41, IV42, IV43, IV44, IV45, IV46, IV47, IV48, IV49, IV51, IV55, IV56, JE, KA27, KA28, KW15, KW16, KW17, PA20, PA41, PA42, PA43, PA44, PA45, PA46, PA47, PA48, PA49, PA60, PA61, PA62, PA63, PA64, PA65, PA66, PA67, PA68, PA69, PA70, PA71, PA72, PA73, PA74, PA75, PA76, PA77, PA78, PO30, PO31, PO32, PO33, PO34, PO35, PO36, PO37, PO38, PO39, PO40, PO41, PH42, PH43, PH44, TDCU, ZE
Method Weight Mainland UK Islands and remote locations Economy (3 - 5 working days)
3:30pm cut-off time
Dispatched Monday to Friday
Up to 5kg
£3.90 ex VAT
£4.68 inc VAT
£3.90 ex VAT
£4.68 inc VAT
Express (1 - 2 working days)
4:30pm cut-off time
Dispatched Monday to Friday
Up to 20kg
£6.50 ex VAT
£7.80 inc VAT
£27.30 ex VAT
£32.76 inc VAT
Express (1 - 2 working days)
4:30pm cut-off time
Dispatched Monday to Friday
£9.00 ex VAT
£10.80 inc VAT
£35.90 ex VAT
£43.08 inc VAT
Special Delivery Instructions
If you add special delivery instructions, please leave a signed piece of paper with the same instructions on the outside of your delivery address, as the driver is otherwise not able to leave parcels. If you have left a delivery instruction to, for example, 'leave parcel in garage if not in', we cannot provide you with a proof of delivery, should the parcel go missing. We will, however, provide a proof of shipping, if requested.
You are responsible for any losses suffered as a result of a parcel being left in a location at your specific request.
- If goods are ordered before 4:30pm, we will usually despatch the same day. The cut-off for pallet deliveries is 1pm.
- Most shipments are sent with next day delivery (working days only) transport. Some products weighing less than 2.0 kg might be offered with an alternative economy service with 2-3 working day service. If you have selected economy service and you have not received your parcel within 5 days, please contact us.
- Unfortunately, we cannot offer compensation for deliveries that are delayed.
- Customers living in remote areas should note that some delivery/servicing/installation services may be affected, or not available. We will inform you as soon as possible of any potential problems. If you want to check before placing an order, please call us on 0800 612 4829.
- If a customer is not in when delivery is attempted, the delivery driver/postman will leave a card with details of the local depot. Please note that if the parcel cannot be delivered after several days and has to be returned, we reserve the right to charge you a second delivery charge for re-delivery, should you still wish to receive the product.
Refurbishment of P50 Service-Free Fire Extinguishers
We offer a complete refurbishment service for the Britannia service-free P50 extinguishers when they are 10 years old or in cases where they are accidentally discharged or damaged. The refurbishment will extend the life of the extinguishers for a further 10 years and they are then covered by a new 10 year warranty. A Britannia P50 extinguisher, however, cannot be refurbished to last beyond 20 years and must be completely replaced at this time. The cost of the refurbishment includes collection and re-delivery from and to you or your client's premises.
Payment and Security
We offer a range of payment options including Visa, Visa Debit, Mastercard, Maestro, Visa electron, American Express, PayPal and Proforma.
We never store your payment card data on our own servers. All our web based credit/debit card transactions are handled by Stripe, the market leader in secure online transactions. Stripe has been audited by a PCI-certified auditor and has been awarded the most stringent level of certification available in the payments industry. Stripe forces HTTPS for all services using TLS (SSL) and card numbers are encrypted at rest with AES-256, with keys stored on separate servers.
Shoppers are also protected from fraudulent use of their card in a "cardholder not present" environment by their card issuers. The card issuer provides the right for a shopper to dispute a transaction if the goods/services did not arrive or if the card was used fraudulently.
Our payments already comply with Strong Customer Authentication, part of the 2019 second Payment Services Directive (PSD2) regulations in Europe. We continually monitor changes in the payment industry to ensure we are doing everything we can to safeguard our customer's payment data. This includes our GDPR and data protection compliance.
If you should have any questions regarding security, please contact us at email@example.com
We are committed to protecting your privacy. We will only use the information that we collect about you lawfully, in accordance with the Data Protection Act (2018). We are voluntarily registered as a data controller in the Information Commissioners data protection register with registration number Z9733716. Visit the register here: https://ico.org.uk/ESDWebPages/Entry/Z9733716.
Identity and contact details
33 West Street
Data Protection Team
Data we process
Processing data can mean collecting, storing and using your data. We only do so to perform tasks you want us to perform. These include one or more of the following:
- Processing your orders, including delivery, servicing and installation, product recalls and warranties
- name, address, telephone number, email
- Sending you fire safety reminders you requested
- mobile number, email
- Offering product and after-sales support and returns
- Email, telephone, any supporting information such as address
- Maintaining your online fire safety logbook
- Name, email
- Processing job applications
- Any details shared in your CV, such as name, address, date of birth, etc.
- Newsletters (opt-in)
- Safelincs Customer Survey (opt-in)
- Email and product details
- TrustPilot (opt-in)
- Email and order details
- Your public profile on our forum
- The details in your user profile
We do not store any payment data such as credit or debit card numbers on our servers. Instead, we use third party payment processors who have been vetted to meet the highest security standards.
To help prevent fraud and diagnose errors, your IP address may be recorded in our web logs.
We also process some data in a statistical manner through Google Analytics to understand how we can improve our web site for visitors and present products and information that is relevant and record visitors coming from adverts. IP addresses and referring URLs are used to achieve this.
We do not sell or share your data with any third parties. Some external companies are contracted by us to achieve tasks such as delivery and online payments and where we have to share customer information with them, this is covered by a Data Protection Contract.
We will only contact you to communicate with you about your order, product or service we offer or in any other situation you've specifically requested us to do so. We might also contact you if products you purchased from us or are serviced by us are due to be serviced again. We regard this as a step to keep you safe. Please let us know if you do not want to be reminded of service dates.
Most order information will be retained for 15 years. Because we deal with safety products and due to many items having extended warranty periods and the significance of possible safety recalls, we have come to the conclusion that it is in our customers' interests for us to securely store this data to be able to support them in the future. This data will not be used for any other purpose, including marketing, except where explicitly requested by you.
We do not record any telephone conversations, however, line managers will occasionally listen-in to conversations to help our staff improve their communication skills and level of service to you.
Cookies, also known as browser cookies or tracking cookies are small text files which are downloaded to your device (computer, phone, tablet, etc.) when you visit a website. The cookies then send data back to the website or other websites that recognise the cookie.
Cookies have many different uses, such as remembering a user's preferences, allowing efficient navigation and generally improving the user's online experience. They also help companies to identify how many people visit their website, and how they found it. Cookies cannot identify you personally.
The list below shows the cookies that are in use on our website, why we use them and how long they will stay active on your device.
Name Description Expiration __utma This cookie contains a unique ID which is used to determine unique visitors to our site. The cookie is updated each page view 2 years from set/update __utmb This cookie is used to create and continue a user session and determines the amount of time a user is on our site 30 minutes from set/update __utmz This cookie contains information about how users reached our site. i.e. referring link, direct traffic or website search etc. 30 minutes from set/update PHPSESSID This generic cookie allows us to create and maintain user's shopping carts and order information When the browser is closed or restarted jssCustomer This cookie is used if a customer logs into our site and allows us to identify their session 24 days from set/update __cfduid* This cookie is set by Cloudflare, our security and content delivery provider, to help deliver pages fast and securely 1 year from set/update SERVERID* This cookie is set by our load balancer to ensure you use the fastest possible web server in our cluster 1 year from set/update CookieTabShown This cookies is set after we first show our cookie tab on the web site so we don't bother you with it more than once 30 days from set/update IDontWantCookies When you disabled cookies, we set this single cookie to tell our web site to not set any other cookies that may record personal information 30 days from set/update
* these cookies will not be deleted when using the Remove Cookies feature as they are required for our web site to work
You can remove your cookies using the Remove Cookies feature, found in the footer of our web pages. This will stop features like adding products to the cart and logging in from working, however. You can enable cookies again by using the same settings in the footer.
The data we process belongs to you. We want you to understand your rights and what options you have. You can make a request to view, erase, modify or restrict processing of data we hold about you and, where there isn't a legal obligation stopping us from doing so and where the request is reasonable, we will process your request within 30 days at no charge.
Please send requests to firstname.lastname@example.org.
You also have the right to complain to your local supervisory authority. Here in the UK we are governed by the Information Commissioner's Office (ICO).
We take data security very seriously. We use web hosts with numerous ISO and PCI certifications, including ISO 27001 (information security management). All data transmission, both public facing and between our internal systems is done over a secure connection. Where technically feasible, we also encrypt all user data to industry standards or higher.
At Safelincs, we endeavor to surpass the minimum requirements for current data protection regulation compliance. We train our staff in data protection principles from the first day of employment and we perform impact assessments and record our activity on all personal data processing on our bespoke data protection management system.
If you have any questions or comments about your privacy or data protection, please email the data protection team.
- You can cancel your order (or any part of it) for any reason before delivery or within 30 days from receipt of delivery (exceptions apply, see below). Email us or call us on 0800 612 4829 if you have not received the goods yet or if you are in possession of the goods and are running close to the end of the 30 days or send us the goods with the return slip filled in.
- Please pack the goods in their original packaging. The goods need to be in a re-sellable condition to be refunded. British Standards copies cannot be accepted back if the packaging is opened. Electrical equipment must not have been powered up. Product must not have been installed.
- If goods are not returned in original packaging or re-sellable condition we will reduce the refund value to reflect that the product will have to be sold as incomplete or damaged.
- We will refund the sales price and the initial postage and packing charges within 14 days of receiving the goods back from you. We do not charge a re-stocking fee.
- You need to return the goods to us at your cost within two weeks following your cancellation. Should the goods not be returned within these two weeks, we can offer to collect the goods and will then deduct the carrier charge of this return from your refund.
- If you do not require the ordered goods at the point of delivery and you refuse the delivery for this reason, we can deduct the cost for the return shipment from your refund.
- Certain dangerous goods might have to be collected by Act Fire and Safety. For example, if you are returning CO2 extinguishers, these will be collected by Safelincs engineers. This is to ensure that you, the customer, and all persons along the way including the couriers and our returns team are kept safe at all times. We will only charge you for a standard collection charge. The rest of the cost is borne by Safelincs, such is our commitment to our customers.
Any returns within the UK should be sent, together with your original order details, to:Act Fire and Safety c/o Safelincs Ltd
33 West Street
We charge UK VAT at 20% (VAT no GB827 6397 88).
Customers from the Channel Islands can ask for the VAT to be removed from the invoice total. Please ring our office to place your order, emphasising the Channel Island delivery location.
We would ask you to please check the condition of your package before signing for the receipt of the goods. If you see damage on the outer packaging, this must be noted on your copy of the delivery note and on the copy for the carrier. You can refuse damaged parcels without signing for these.
If you find the transport damage after the carrier has left, please inform us instantly. If the claim is made on the same day as the delivery, we will still accept liability. Failure to note damage might affect replacement or refund from us for items damaged in transit.
All of our extinguishers are covered by a minimum 5 year warranty, the top end models even have a 10 year warranty
Claims against the warranties need to be made through Act Fire.
Our warranties do not restrict your statutory rights in any way
Included in all our warranties are:
- Manufacturing defects
- Product defects resulting from manufacturer’s design errors
- Damages resulting from the incorrect handling of a product
- Defects due to a lack of maintenance
- Repairs or modifications carried out by the customer or third parties
- Defects caused by fire or smoke (please refer in such cases to our ‘free replacement after fire policy’)
- Installation in an unsuitable location
- Excluded is any consequential damage caused by the products or their malfunction
Special Notes to product groups:
5 year warranty: The warranty extends 5 years from the date of purchase up to, but exclusive of, the first extended service due after 5 years
10 year warranty: The warranty extends 10 years from the date of purchase up to, but excluding, the second extended service due after 10 years. Extinguishers must be installed by a qualified engineer and serviced yearly in accordance to the manufacturer’s instructions. The extinguishers must be periodically re-filled in accordance to the frequencies defined in BS5603-3 (5 years for powder, foam, water, wet chemical and 10 years for CO2 and self-maintenance extinguishers). Any replacement components fitted in the process of maintenance are not covered by our warranty. Accidental damage and misuse of the fire extinguishers are also not covered by our warranty
What happens if a customer discovers a product fault?
- Please contact us about the defect. We will discuss the case with you and will agree on a solution for you. You might be asked to provide photos before we can establish the best way forward.
- We will either arrange free repair/free replacement for your product or request the return of your product for further analysis. This choice is at Act Fire's discretion.
- Should Act Fire ask for a product back for further analysis or repair, we will arrange for the transport and the subsequent return.
- Should a product be returned to us without being defective, we will return the unit to the customer at cost.